Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hello Unemployment, Goodbye BBBSofSDC


I can’t believe my last day of employment for 6 months, maybe a few more maybe a few less, has happened.  I believe the longest I have gone since I started at 15 ½ was three months and it was because I had knee surgery.   Not having an income and living off my savings / what people have generously giving me as going away and graduation gifts will be a new thing for me.  I just keep telling myself it will be worth it, and it will pay for itself in different ways. 

That being said I want to thank everyone who made my employment at Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Diego County so special, so much so that I hope to return to the States and work at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago.

It all began when I heard about my cousins having Bigs and how much this person meant to them and to my family.  This small seed lead me into being a Big Sister, joining the YPC, and applying for numerous positions I was not qualified for.  Finally a position that was a perfect fit for me opened up, I promised the HR director I would quit applying for everything and annoying her if she allowed me an interview.   She says it was just because I was qualified, but the story isn’t as fun without the other information.  I started in September 2007 to the best 1st month for any new employee.  My first week I participated in a Total Team Retreat as part of the “Bee” Team racing around San Diego, my second week I was helping to give a presentation on a cruise ship, and it was finished off with watching a Padres Game from a private box.  To my last month of pranks, including autocorrect, fun calendar reminders, my car being tagged with my “BBBS” mask, a recording breaking Golf Marathon thanks to Jimmy Langley, memorable and racy talks with the cube crew in front of Kim’s, to a final goodbye lunch at Chick-A-Fila. 

 I can only hope my next job brings as amazing people into my life.  Thanks gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...